Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fall in Tecnologico Pachuca

Time passes quickly, and Elder Martin is loving his assignment in the Tecnologico area of Pachuca! He has been there since August and is presently serving as a zone leader. Their apartment has an extra room to host new missionaries and they are fairly close to the mission home. He really loves his ward family and those he serves with. Here are some photos and letters from November going backwards to September. His letters make us smile.
                                Baptism of JUAN PIO and son ALAN


¡Hola familia! ¡Hola familia!

I am glad to hear that Thanksgiving went well for everyone. Is there a lot of snow yet? I miss the snow, and everyone thinks I´m crazy because I am prefer colder weather.

I am doing very well as usual here, and I can really say that time is flying. I´ll be home in like 9 months!. I´ve been teaching and serving, and lately we´ve had to leave behind a few of our investigators who can´t commit to getting married (even after being together for like 20 years), but it´s ok because the family that got baptized a couple of weeks ago, is thriving. I think their next step will be getting sealed and then called as general authorities. They´re golden!

What else? Oh, we sort of had Thanksgiving this year! We coordinated with a family in the ward and a few missionaries, and it was pretty fun. Not the same, but fun. 

This week we have another zone training meeting to coordinate. And lots of work! haha. 

Well, that´s about it for the moment! Have a great week everyone! We´re already in December! ay que caramba.

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Martin




¡Hola, familia mía!


I will just get down to it. Yesterday we were able to finally have a baptism for Juan pio and his son, Alan. It was so great and they are so happy. It has been an incredible journey finding and teaching them, and it`s really satisfying to know that the Lord oversees this work. They are ready to endure to the end, and it reminds me that we are all protected as long as we are loyal and faithful to the covenants we make with our Heavenly Father. I am happy every day for the opportunity to be serving as a missionary, and I know that I am being blessed. 

Things are going pretty well here, we just had a zonewide conference (almost all of the missionaries in Pachuca), which is a special meeting that we have every 3 months in the mission. President Egbert and a few others shared their thoughts and taught. My companion and I also had to prepare a presentation and teach for a while, which was really fun. Anyway, It was great to be edified and to learn and I am excited to keep working and finding people.

What else? I bought some new pants today, and I also received a wedding invitacion from sacia and a letter from the YW in ward. Tell them thanks! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Martin


PRESENTATION AT ZONE CONFERENCE
"Beautiful Mexico" 


No comments:

Post a Comment