Sunday, July 19, 2015

my new area...TEOTIHUACAN! as in the ancient pyramids!


HOLA FAMILIA!!!

Ok so first things first. I'm the reallist! You probably won't get that reference.

Guess where my new area is?? TEOTIHUACAN!!! Yes, teotihuacan as in the ancient pyramids of Teotihuacan. Literally, I bike past them every day to get to a different part of our area. Which means that our area is really big and there is a lot of biking. But I actually like it, except the roads are all really old around the pyramids so they're cobblestoned which is not comfortable to bike on. Anyway, is that crazy or what? It is really beautiful here and there are lots of trees, flowers, nice restaurants, etc.I am here as a district leader with Elder Gutierrez who just finished his training. I'm really excited to be working with him! He is awesome. Just a sidenote, if anybody casually decides to take a weekend trip to see the pyramids and learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ, you will probably run into me. JAJAJA!

Other big news which isn't really news, but Elder Bednar CAME TO MISSION MEXICO PACHUCA!!! It was a missionwide conference and totally awesome. Few got to personally meet him, but it doesn't matter because the experience was unforgettable. I testify that he is an apostle of God and that God calls His prophets and apostles to help proclaim His will on the earth. What a powerful "talk" he gave. He talked about learning by faith and becoming better disciples of Christ and lots of other things. It was quite interactive- he asked questions for us to respond and later we asked him questions. There were a couple that I had but didn't have the chance to ask, but other missionaries it turns out had the lot of the same questions, so mine were answered.He came with the area president of mexico, a general seventy named De Hoyos. And they chose to only visit 5 missions in Mexico, and we were one of them! So it was just them and us 190 missionaries. It was crazy! I will never be able to forget it. 

I am learning a lot of things on the mission here, especially about how I can personally change to improve. It is through the miracle of the Atonement that we can actually do this. Without the Lord's help, we will not be able to affect a permanent change in our lives and so it is important that we seek His help in our daily lives. I have seen time and time again the difference that the Gospel makes in people's lives when they apply the things they learn. I invite everyone back home to think and act on how they can apply this principle a little more in their lives this week.

Well, I hope this finds everybody well and that you all have great weeks! Love you all and thanks for the support!

Con amor, 

Elder Martin
 Elder Kade Martins view from the 3rd floor of his apartment. Hot airballoons going ove the teotihuacan pyramids.
Hola familia!

Well, this is going to be short again because I keep having to leave to throw up, but I hope that at least it finds everybody well and healthy. Sorry to all those whom I haven´t responded to, it will have to wait until next week. I think it must have been food poisoning, and contrary to the norm, I got it worse than my companion.

It sounds like things are going well back home. Congrats on the job dad, and Happy Fathers Day, ya old fart! You´re going to be 50 in two months, just to remind you. And Happy Birthday, Parker! You are finally dateable. The only question is whether or not they will say yes...  

To be brief, I am happy! This week we had our baptism for Daniela, an intellegent 11 year old who comes from a less active family. With a lot of patience, we were able to help her progress to be baptized! There were cambio announcements today. Ah transfers, sorry. Anyway, my companion is leaving and I will still be here. It makes me a little sad because he was a good companion and also because I´m only familiar with like half the towns in our area so I am not quite sure how it will all work out. Faith! 

That´s all I got. Lovee


Con mucho amor, 

Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment